RF IDeas' systems cover multiple aspects of the technology. Key technologies will be patented where applicable in order to preserve their market value.
- January 2013 - The pcProx Plus with support for iCLASS ID, iCLASS SE, iCLASS CSN and NFC becomes available
- December 2012 - RF IDeas announces that the pcProx line of card readers can now be utilized as a part of achieving compliance with the new Criminal Justice Information Service (CJIS) Security Policy.
- December 2012 - RF IDeas announces the availability of the Ethernet 241
- November 2012 - RF IDeas offers EtherNet Industrial Protocol (E/IP) and Power over Ethernet (PoE) Capabilities to pcProx line of products
- October 2012 - RF IDeas Announces Renaming of Partner Program to WaveID®
- October 2012 - The pcProx Plus OEM Module begins shipping
- September 2012 - RF IDeas renames the AIR ID product line to pcProx 13.56 MHz
- September 2012 - The new Advantage Partner Program is introduced at ASIS 2012
- September 2012 - RF IDeas announces availability of NFC and SIO capabilities for pcProx readers
- August 2012 - RF IDeas ranks No. 13 in the Computer Hardware Industry on the Inc. 500|5000 list
- July 2012 - The E/IP PoE and PoE begin shipping
- July 2012 - The pcProx Plus Serial begins shipping
- June 2012 - Planning for the new Ethernet 241 is announced
- May 2012 - The pcProx Plus E/IP PoE and PoE are introduced
- April 2012 - Plans for the addition of a serial interface for the pcProx Plus is announced
- March 2012 - RF IDeas' pcProx Plus OEM Module is introduced
- March 2012 - RF IDeas announces participation in Rockwell Automation Encompass Partner Program
- March 2012 - RF IDeas announces ODVA Certification for EtherNet/IP
- February 2012 - RF IDeas announces pcProx Plus 82 Series desktop reader
- Nov 2011 - RF IDeas and KSI partner to introduce KSI-1700 Keyboard
- Sept 2011 - RF IDeas Ranked No.9 on Inc. 5000 in the Computer Hardware Industry
- Sept 2011 - RF IDeas introduces WaveID
- Sept 2011 - The pcProx Plus reader officially made available and shipping
- Sept 2011 - Introduction of WaveID - The New Standard Enabling Badge Based Reader Solutions
- July 2011 - New sales and support division opened - Manufacturing and OEM Center of Excellence
- July 2011 - RF IDeas outgrows Schaumburg office and moves to a new facility in Rolling Meadows, IL
- June 2011 - RF IDeas becomes ISO 9001:2008 certified
- April 2011 - RF IDeas introduces the new pcProx Plus reader
- Oct 2010 - RF IDeas announces and demonstrates the first 125kHZ/13.56MHz desktop combo reader able to read 30+ card techonolgies
- Sep 2010 - Express Card models for pcProx family are announced and shipped
- Jun 2010 - Sielox/CheckPoint readers are added to product family
- Jun 2010 - RF IDeas adds FeliCa readers
- Mar 2010 - The first 125kHz/13.56MHz card determination dongles to help determine the card technology are announced and shipped
- Feb 2010 - Shared library support for Linux in the universal SDK is added
- Feb 2010 - The dongle version for selected models for the AIR ID family are shipped
- Jan 2010 - The pcSwipe RS-232 mag-stripe reader is shipped
- Dec 2009 - License agreement with HID Global is signed securing rights to design and manufacturer HID compatible readers.
- Nov 2009 - pcSwipe USB mag-stripe reader ships
- Oct 2009 - Dongle version for selected models of pcProx family is shipped
- Sep 2009 - PCMCIA models for pcProx family are shipped
- Sep 2009 - Secure XceedID compatible reader is shipped
- Sep 2009 - The first Wall Mount housings for all pcProx and AIR ID models are announced and shipped
- Jul 2009 - The pcSwipe USB/RS-232 mag-stripe reader to be compatible with existing platform of prox/contactless readers
- Apr 2009 - pcProx PCMCIA form factor for 125 kHz cards is released
- Jan 2009 - RF IDeas adds support for 125 kHz Securakey under pcProx Enroll and pcProx 82 Series readers.
- Jan 2009 - MIFARE SDK is released
- Aug 2008 - Readers for LEGIC cards are added
- Jun 2008 - RF IDeas issues statement regarding RFID interference finding in NL.
- Apr 2008 - The AIR ID Enroll for FIPS201 PIV cards is demonstrated at ISC West in Las Vegas.
- Jan 2008 - RF IDeas updates AIR ID Playback for MIFARE to allow free-form data on contactless cards/tags.
- Jun 2007 - RF IDeas offers PC/SC compliant drivers for its line of USB prox and contactless smart card readers.
- Apr 2007 - Expanded pcProx Writer is released with 100% plug-n-play compatibility for HID’s RW100 and RW400 read/write iCLASS readers.
- Sep 2006 - RF IDeas announces AIR ID and pcProx IP readers - the 1st desktop ethernet-enabled readers for nearly all proximity and contactless cards
- Sep 2006 - AIR ID Playback Converters are released, allowing hundreds of off the shelf solutions to immediately take advantage of HID’s contactless smart card without the need to write, develop or deploy software
- Jul 2006 - New low profile AIR ID contactless smart card readers are released
- Apr 2006 - RF IDeas release line of OEM Playback converters. The no-software Playback converters allow the use of iCLASS contactless smart card door readers in PCs, embedded controllers, point-of-sale equipment and other devices.
- Feb 2006 - 30,000th proximity reader to the healthcare industry is shipped
- Nov 2005 - AIR ID RKE is released, a low cost long range facility access solution. The RKE is a click-operated fob transmitter with a Wiegand output reader capable of up to 100 ft. read range.
- Nov 2005 - The eLOCK is released, an after market proximity reader and lock for existing lockers and cabinets
- Oct 2005 - AIR ID Playback 232 is released, making it the 2nd no-software solution for contactless smart cards
- Sep 2005 - RF IDeas AIR ID contactless solution wins prestigious Innovation Award at HID’s Partner Conference.
- May 2005 - AIR ID Logon Solution Version 2 is announced. Playback readers are now configurable.
- Mar 2005 - RF IDeas renames RFID1356i product line to AIR ID and introduces the AIR ID Writer, AIR ID Playback, and AIR ID Enroll.
- Feb 2005 - The RF IDeas web site receives an updated look - Have a look around!
- Dec 2004 - RF IDeas Announces RFID1356i-Logon, a plug/play logon solution for applications and operating systems.
- Nov 2004 - User Forum added to RF IDeas
- Sep 2004 - OEM Wiegand Converters Expanded and Updated.
- Apr 20/04 - RF IDeas announces a new low power model, pcProx-LP, to the pcProx family of readers. The pcProx-LP is in new ultra-small packaging suitable for use with Tablet PCs and PDAs.
- Feb 2004 - RF IDeas Dramatically Lowers Prices on Proximity Cards and Readers. See: Store.RFIDeas.com
- Feb 2004 - RF IDeas releases updates to its Wiegand Converter line.
- Jan 2004 - RF IDeas announces PDA support via Compact Flash card for use with pcProx-USB readers.
- Dec 2003 - RF IDeas enhances RFID135i USB and RS-232 readers to include iCLASS-Tracker Software.
- Dec 2003 - RFID1356i-USB read/write reader released.
- Dec 2003 - Updated proximity reader Software Developer’s Kit released with support for both USB and RS-232 proximiy readers!
- Dec 2003 - RFID1356i-USB read/write reader released
- Sep 2003 - RFID1356i readers gain CE approval for European markets.
- Aug 2003 - RF IDeas releases RFID13565i-ID, the iCLASS compatible read-only reader for keystroking the wiegand ID number from iCLASS cards. The reader is compltely configurable using RF IDeas’ free configuration utility.
- June 2003 - pcProx-232 released complete with configurable flash memory.
- Mar 2003 - RF IDeas announces and demonstrates RFID1356i, the iCLASS compatible read/write desktop reader and software developer’s kit (SDK).
- Jan 2003 - RF IDeas releases updated significantly smaller pcProx-Sonar
- Sep 2002 Novell release complete support for RF IDeas entire line of proximity readers for their NMAS, and Secure Login product lines.
- Sep 2002 Datacard announces 3 card printers now integrate RF IDeas' pcProx enrollment reader.
- Aug 2002 RF IDeas shows pcProx-iClass reader at ISC East. iClass is a a new contactless smart card technology from HID.
- Aug 2002 Key Source Intl. announce keyboard with integrated proximity reader to solve identification, enrollment and computer access needs.
- Aug 2002 RF IDeas announces compatibility for Casi-Rusco under the pcProx family.
- June 2002 RF IDeas add entire line of HID cards and readers to meet customer demand
- May 2002 RF IDeas release a complete line of bare-board proximity readers and Wiegand converter solutions for OEMs.
- May 2002 Novell releases NMAS and SecureLogon support
- Apr 2002 RF IDeas releases pcProx USB
- Mar 2002 RF IDeas' SoftKBWedgeV2.0 update now includes several special formatting options.
- Mar 2002 RF IDeas release pcProx-Sonar, a no software solution to self-locking computers based on proximity of individuals.
- Feb 2002 True Systems Completes Integration for the pcProx Family of Readers
- Feb 2002 SAFLink Completes SAFAccess Integration for pcProx & AIR ID LT Family of Readers
- Jan 2002 RF IDeas announces USB addition to line of pcProx readers
- Nov 2001 Novell Agrees to Support for RF IDeas Family of Readers
- July 2001 Integration of BioNetrix Authentication Suite™ Completed
- Mar 2001 - RF IDeas announces pcProx-KW, the first keyboard wedge compatible proximity reader for existing software and hardware wedges.
- Feb 2001 - pcProxM The Motorola/Indala compatible proximity solution released
- Feb 2001 - ADT Security adds RF IDeas' proximity solutions to its line of product offerings.
- Nov 2000 - RF IDeas delivers pcProxKWST, a keyboard wedge compatible proximity readers for Symbol Technology OmniLink Wedges.
- Aug 2000 - HID signs licensing arrangement with RF IDeas to offer pcProxH.
- June 2000 - Auto-enrollment feature released, dramatically reducing deployment costs.
- May 2000 - CLUI (tm) - Common Logon-User Identified released allowing several users to share desktop applications without requiring a log off. Each user is individually identified through a single shared logon account.
- Apr 2000 - pcProxM - Motorola/Indala compatible proximity reader exhibited at ISC West and in Europe at IF SEC.
- Jan 2000 - RF IDeas signs Northern Computers and Ademco to further expand it's distribution network.
- In another first, RF IDeas delivers pcProxH (tm), the first HID compatible reader for computer desktop
- RF IDeas delivers AIR ID-HID, the first single badge solution offering long range access for computers and short range access for facility access control.
- RF IDeas releases its client-server centralized server, AIR ID Enterprise Management Software.
- Product debut at COMDEX Spring is a success with lines forming at the booth.
- AIR ID garners semifinalist position at COMDEX Spring
- AIR ID wins award and $30,000 from Computer Associates at CA World '98.
- AIR ID version 1.0 is released. Multi-badge detection supported.
- RF IDeas ships AIR ID LT, a lower cost proximity identification badge.
- RF IDeas releases the AIR ID SDK for software developers and OEMs.
- RF IDeas enters into several key alliances and partnerships (Microsoft, Novell, HID, Computer Associates, and others) in order to expand the capability of their end user and developer solutions.
- 2nd prototype developed and demonstrated to Chicago Software Association, the University of Chicago Entrepreneur's Council, and Lake Forest School of Management.
- Beta units ship to prospective resellers.
- FCC approval received for AIR ID Base Unit and Badge.
- 1st hardware prototype AIR ID design completed and alpha testing begins.
- AIR ID proximity system demonstrated to general public at Chicago Software Association's Investor Conference.
- Corporate conceptual mission formed, key technologies identified and designed, and patents filed.