The pcProx Plus BLE combines a dual-frequency programmable credential reader with integrated Bluetooth low energy technology. In addition to reading proximity cards (125/132 kHz) or contactless smart cards (13.56 MHz), the pcProx Plus BLE also reads the industry-leading Safetrust Wallet credential on BLE-equipped iOS and Android™ mobile devices. It provides an all-purpose, mobile-capable reader for a variety of authentication applications in every industry.
Available from www.safetrust.com/safetrust-wallet, Safetrust Wallet receives virtual credentials from the Safetrust Credential Manager and sends these credentials to the pcProx Plus BLE reader to enable access. Safetrust Wallet can support multiple organizations to store and manage a range of credential types for various applications in real time.
Beyond Safetrust applications such as secure print, single sign-on, point-of-sale and others, customers can also develop custom applications and even combine mobile access with traditional card technology. With support for existing infrastructures and access methods, the pcProx Plus BLE allows enterprises to keep using their traditional employee ID badges for flexible authentication—and to migrate users to mobile access capabilities as needed, with no performance sacrifice.
- Logical and physical access
- Follow-me print
- Multiple badges
- Card emulation: HID
- Other common applications:
- Single sign-on
- Time and attendance
- Training compliance
- Secure printing
- Location tracking
Eliminate the need to manually enter user names and passwords. Use existing proximity card or contactless smart card systems along with mobile devices for applications beyond door access—eliminating errors and streamlining workflows throughout the enterprise with instant identification and authentication.
Our pcProx Plus BLE readers integrate into the existing reader network, eliminating the need for additional badges or readers while increasing the number of applications that benefit from employee authentication and identification. No additional software is required for seamless integration with most common operating systems and applications compatible with USB keyboard inputs.
With a dual card reader and Bluetooth low energy module in one device, installation only requires one USB port—sparing additional ports for other peripherals. Four credential configurations (up to three card types and one mobile) accommodate multi-card environments, with the added flexibility of using smartphones for authentication. A user-selectable volume control includes a beeper on/off setting for noise-sensitive areas.
- Operating Frequency: Dual 125/132 kHz and 13.56 MHz
- Interface: USB
- pcProx Plus SDK: DK-PCPRX-DOWNLOAD
- Credential Configurations: User-definable, 1 mobile credential and up to 3 physical card types (proximity cards or contactless smart cards)
- Dimensions: Height 0.6" (1.52cm) x Width 2" (5.08cm) x Length 3 3/8" (8.57cm)
- Weight: 4.0 ounces (113.39g)
- Form Factor: Desktop, black
- Cable Length: 6' standard; 6" and 16" lengths available
- Indicators: LED (green, amber, red)
- Volume Control: User-selectable beeper volume (low, medium, high) plus beeper on/off setting
- Power Supply: USB powered
- Power Consumption: Reader only: 70 mA typical, 100 mA maximum; Reader and Bluetooth on: 85mA typical, 120 mA maximum
- Operating Temperature Range: –22° to 150°F (–30° to 65°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: –40° to 185°F (–40° to 85°C)
- Certifications: FCC—United States; CE Mark—-Europe; RCM—Australia; IC—Industry Canada. Environmental: RoHS, REACH. Certified in various additional countries worldwide; contact RF IDeas for additional details.
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows XP®/7®/8.1®, 10® and Linux
- Card Types: Supports nearly all physical card types worldwide in addition to the Safetrust Wallet mobile credential; contact RF IDeas for specific card type questions.
Bluetooth Module Features
- Integrated Bluetooth Smart Stack: GAP, GATT, L2CAP and SMP; Bluetooth Smart profiles
- Radio Performance: TX power: up to +3dBm; Receiver sensitivity: –92 dBm
- Supported Protocols: Bluetooth