The pcSwipe intelligent magnetic stripe card reader is a cost-effective and efficient solution for customers wanting to leverage their existing base of magnetic stripe card-carrying personnel.
The pcSwipe reader is compatible with the billions of magnetic stripe cards in circulation worldwide. As with all RF IDeas products, pcSwipe has been designed to meet the identification and security needs of customers in many different applications and environments (see examples below). In addition to solid construction and numerous flush mounting options, key features include bi-directional swiping capability and fast swipe speeds for maximum usability.
Free software allows customers to configure their pcSwipe as needed. Options include the ability to read data from any data track locations on the card and custom programmability, allowing for keystrokes to be added before and after the card’s data. The plug-n-play functionality of the pcSwipe makes it an easy addition to your network, seamlessly integrating with existing infrastructure.
The pcSwipe can be used as a standalone system, or can be integrated with other software applications using the optional Software Developer Kit (SDK).
- Improve organizational workflow
- Eliminate errors associated with individual identification
- Eliminates manual entry
- Customizable to work with any card solution for any size corporation
- Protect and secure sensitive information
- Meets various industry compliance requirements (when used with appropriate application solution)
- Employee familiarity with existing badges
- Enhances investment of single badges
- Expands application selections
- PC/LAN Access Control
- Application Logon
- Employee Identification/User authorization
- Single Sign-On
- PLC & Embedded Controllers
- Time and Attendance
- Meeting Attendance, Visitor Management
- Form filler to existing software applications
- Fitness or training attendance
- Point of Sale
- Connectors and software interface
The standard USB model connects directly to a USB port and can send data as keystrokes or work with the optional Software Developer Kit (SDK). The RS-232 model connects to a standard serial PC COM port and sends data as ASCII. The CDC model emulates a virtual serial device.
Compatible with Windows CE®, Windows 2000®, Windows XP®, Windows Vista®, Macintosh®, the Solaris™ operating system, Sun Ray™ thin clients, and Linux. (Free configuration software requires Windows® operating system.)
- Improves accuracy of information and productivity
Eliminates errors associated with individual identification.
- Versatile mounting options
Featuring an articulated cable, standard mounting holes and unobtrusive design allows the reader to be placed anywhere on the desktop, mounted on monitors, installed on time clocks and more. (Optional mount available)
- Plug-n-play installation
- Fully programmable and customizable user defined fields
- Compatible with millions of cards in use worldwide
- Simultaneously reads up to 3 tracks of information
- Medical/Healthcare HIPAA Compliant
When used as a log-on reader
- CJIS Compliant
All pcProx readers are CJIS compliant and designed to keep law enforcement and criminal justice organizations current with compliance requirements
- Magnetic Stripe Cards
- Operating Technology: Magnetic Stripe
- Media Thickness: 0.015” (0.127 mm) to 0.038” (1.14 mm)
- Media Formats: ISO 7811, AAMVA and other F2F formats
- Slot Width: 0.040” (1.0 mm)
- Swipe Speed: 3 to 60 inches per second, bi-directional
- Operating Life: 1,000,000 cycles minimum
- Dimensions: 3.674” x 1.325” x 1.193” (93.32 x 33.65 x 30.3 mm); Optional base dimensions: 3.375” x 3.5” x 0.5” (86 x 89 x 13 mm)
- Weight: 4.6 oz. (136g); Base: 13 oz. (369g)
- Housing Color: Reader-Black, Mounting Base-Black
- Mounting Options: Reader has an articulated cable for easy placement on desktops, counters, and more. Optional mounting base avaliable.
- Cable Length: 6” (Custom Lengths Available. Call our Sales department at (866) 439-4884)
- Indicators: Tri-state LED, dual tone beeper
- Power Supply: USB Self-powered; Serial RS-232 [DB9F] model: 5V supplied by either PS/2 keyboard pass-through or USB power tap
- Interface: USB, Serial RS-232
- Ports/Styles: USB, RS-232
- Operating Temperature Range: 32° to 131°F (0° to 55°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: -22° to 158°F (-30° to 70°C)
- Certifications: FCC, United States; CE Mark, Europe; C-TICK, RoHS, Industry Canada, UL
- Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects. See complete policy for details.
Form Factor Data Sheets
The desktop, which is the standard housing, can be placed anywhere on the desktop. Featuring an articulated cable it can easily be mounted on kiosks, monitors, time clocks, and more. Optional base expands placement options.
USB Part Numbers
|MS3-00M1AKU||pcSwipe Black Magnetic Swipe USB|
|MS3-00M2AKU||pcSwipe Black 82 Series Magnetic Swipe USB|
Serial Part Numbers
|MS3-00M1AK0||pcSwipe Black Magnetic Swipe USB CDC Virtual COM|
|MS3-00M1AK2||pcSwipe Black 82 Series Magnetic Swipe Serial 5V PS2 RS232|
|MS3-00M1AK5||pcSwipe Black Magnetic Swipe Serial 5V Pin 9 RS232|
|MS3-00M1AK9||pcSwipe Black Magnetic Swipe Serial 5V USB Power Tap RS232|