Improve security and efficiency by unlocking the full potential of LEGIC technology. Our industry-leading pcProx® family now includes readers that support both LEGIC advant and LEGIC prime smart cards.
Any ISO-compliant reader can authenticate the serial number of an ISO-compliant card. But LEGIC smart cards offer significantly greater functionality than a simple proximity card. Beyond their unique serial number, LEGIC cards encode additional data that can be tailored to serve application-specific security requirements for printers, healthcare devices, process controllers, autonomous robots and more. But while LEGIC cards have been in worldwide use for many years, these enhanced security capabilities often go unused.
Our new pcProx® Plus SP reader for LEGIC smart cards is an ultra-slim, dual frequency reader that supports most 125 kHz proximity cards and 13.56 MHz smart cards. It’s rugged, reliable, and designed for easy integration via USB into practically any device. And it unlocks the full security potential of your existing card system, enabling one LEGIC card to provide advanced, application-level security anywhere and everywhere it’s needed throughout the enterprise.
Available: RDR-80LH1BKU — pcProx® Plus SP dual-frequency reader for LEGIC and 125 kHz proximity + 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards — pcProx® Plus SP reader for LEGIC Smart Cards. (For more information, please contact your Regional Sales Manager. Find out who the sales manager is in your region here.)
The pcProx® Plus SP is an ultra-slim, multi-purpose card reader for identification, authentication and logical access. The small, thin form factor enables various embedded and integrated applications or OEM installations in recessed compartments, as well as external mounting configurations. Additionally, the pcProx Plus SP is compatible with a variety of purpose-built devices such as time clocks, kiosks or protective enclosures.
The pcProx Plus SP is dual-frequency providing the advantages of reading both proximity and contactless smart cards in one reader. The reader allows users to leverage their employee ID badges, or any 125 kHz or 13.56 MHz tags or fobs, for secure authentication and identification throughout the workplace. Versatile and scalable, the pcProx Plus SP is a future proof investment with its SIM card slot for optional expansion with additional secure card types.
As one of the most flexible, robust readers available today, the pcProx Plus SP is provided standard with four card configurations (two are pre-set; two are user definable) enabling an IT or security department to seamlessly integrate additional card types. With flash memory and supporting nearly all card types, the programmable pcProx Plus SP allows users to quickly configure the readers output to meet their needs. This multi-technology reader delivers flexibility to any customer, integrator or end user managing their different card technologies. It’s ideal for enrollment into third party software, for single sign-on integrators and others.
For application integration, the pcProx Plus SP is also available as a non-keystroking reader which integrates with partner or end-user software through the use of the RF IDeas Universal Software Developer’s Kit (SDK). Raw card ID data is seamlessly passed to the application enabling nearly limitless possibilities for user identification, authentication and reporting purposes.
Due to its ultra-slim, multi-purpose form factor, the pcProx Plus SP is the reader of choice to secure access to multi-function printers (MFP) and network connected copiers. MFPs are vulnerable to external security attacks but when used with secure print management software, enterprises can easily manage sensitive data and track employee usage. As the front end of a secure print solution, the pcProx Plus SP dual frequency reader is easy to deploy and opens the door to better, more secure print management.
Its unique physical design makes it suitable for other applications where access control and authentication are required. The reader is suitable to embed or integrate in kiosks, displays, enclosures, monitors, or workstations. Its compact size is suitable for external mount or easily installs in recessed pockets on printers, other business or industrial devices where authentication and access control may be required.
- Flexible form factor enables a variety of installation deployments in order to better meet end user needs
- Streamlines the sign-on process, improving access control, security, and organizational workflow
- Eliminates error-prone manual entry of user names and passwords
- Helps track activities to the individual level for improved auditing, compliance reporting, quality controls and more
- Organizations can leverage existing employee badges
- Instant adaptability due to employee familiarity with existing badges
- Fast and accurate reporting to avoid penalties
- Enhances ROI of badge technology investment
- Enables versatility in solution development for end-users
- Highly configurable to achieve desired user output, access privileges or card read priority
- PC/LAN Access Control
- Application Log-On
- Employee Identification
- Secure Print Management
- Time and Attendance
- Meeting Attendance, Visitor Management, Hoteling
- OEM Applications
- Point of Sale
- Authentication to PLC and Embedded Controllers
- Easy interface
USB models connect directly to a USB port and can be configured to send data as keystroking or non-keystroking
Compatible with Windows XP®, 7®, 8.1®, 10®; Linux and Mac OS
- Card Configurations
Provided standard with four user-definable card configurations, with two pre-set configurations.
- User-adjustable beeper volume
Beeper volume can be configured to be off, low volume, medium volume, or high volume for quiet work areas or,
conversely, in noisy work environments.
- Versatile mounting options
Embedded, integrated, desktop or external mount versions. The desktop and external mount versions have a standard
6 foot cable for easy connection and set-up on desk surfaces or mounting on printers, monitors, time clocks, and more.
- Other cables included are: 2.5” mini USB male, 5” mini USB female, and 7” mini USB male.
The pcProx family of readers help contribute to compliance in healthcare (HIPAA), law enforcement (CJIS), data privacy applications (GDPR) and other industries/applications when the readers are used as part of a compliance solution or as part of a logon application.
- Operating Frequency: Dual 125/132 kHz and 13.56 MHz
- Current Consumption: Typical 70 mA, maximum 100 mA
- Dimensions (Desktop): 0.6”H x 2.0”W x 3.0”W (1.52cm x 5.08cm x 7.62cm)
- Weight (Desktop): 2.7 oz (76.6gm)
- Housing Color: Desktop -- Black
- Mounting Options: Embedded, integrated, desktop or external mount
- Cable Length: 6’ is standard for desktop; 2.5” mini USB male; 5” mini USB female; 7” mini USB male
- Indicators: Tri-state LED; user-selectable beeper volume (low, medium, high) plus beeper on/off settings
- Power Supply: USB Self-powered
- Interface: USB
- Operating Temperature Range: -22° to 150°F (-30° to 65°C)
- Operating Humidity Range: 5% to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature Range: -40° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C)
- Certifications: FCC, United States; CE Mark, Europe; RCM, Australia; IC, Industry Canada. Environment: RoHS, REACH. RF IDeas products are certified in various additional countries worldwide. Contact RF IDeas for additional details.
- Warranty: One year for material/workmanship defects. See complete policy for details.
|RDR-805H1AKU||pcProx Plus SP Keystroking Black USB|
|RDR-805H2AKU||pcProx Plus SP Non-Keystroking Black USB|
|RDR-80LH1BKU||pcProx Plus SP LEGIC Secure Segment Jet Black USB|