pcProx® Configuration Utility
The pcProxConfig Software utility provides users with the ability to configure their pcProx Plus readers to meet their needs. Through the configuration process, desired credential data output and access privileges for cardholders can be established.
In contrast to the pcProx Enroll readers, for which only one configuration can be programmed into the reader, the utility allows the pcProx Plus configuration process to create two separate configurations for users.
Card Analyzer for pcProx Plus
The software-based Card Analyzer is now available as part of the pcProx Configuration Utility, Version 5.2.4. and later. Using pcProx Plus readers (RDR-80081AKU or RDR-80581AKU), the Card Analyzer feature is a quick, easy way to identify card type, analyze card data and configure the reader to align to card type.
With a single tool and a few easy steps, you can:
- LEARN: determine the badge (card) technology used and instantly display all compatible RF IDeas readers for that badge (card) type.
- CONFIGURE: with a click of a button, the reader is easily configured.
- ANALYZE: analyzes the badge data (ID, FAC, bits, etc.) when more information is needed
Settings are written to the reader and the configuration can be saved for cloning of additional readers. The pcProx Plus Card Analyzer supports more than 45 different badge (card) types.
|Last Revision||Size||Version||Application Type|
|May 21, 2018||8.5 MB||5.2.33||Configuration utility for the pcProx® Plus Enroll with
software-based Card Analyzer
- pcProxConfig Utility
- Configuration Utility User Manual
Minimum System Requirements
- HARDWARE: Pentium class PC
- DISK: 25 MB hard disk space
- I/O: 1 available RS-232 or USB Port
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32 or 64)
- Note: pcProx Configuration Utility will run on 64 bit versions of Windows, but it will run as a 32 bit application
pcProx Config Utility
Enhanced support for NTware readers and card analyzer support for BLE readers. This BETA pcProx Config Utility software is for pcProx®, pcProx® Plus, and pcProx® for FIPS201/CAC/PIV cards.
Last Revision Size Version Utility Download May 8, 2019 11 MB 5.2.39 Download
Device Networking Utilities
This Windows-based application simplifies the installation and configuration of pcProx® and pcProx Plus readers.
Com Port Redirector™
Enables applications to communicate with pcProx and pcProx Plus readers by redirecting local COM port communications to the COM port of the reader.
How to connect and disconnect a pcProx® reader to or from VMware: Instructional Guide
|pcProx, pcProx Plus & Wiegand||English
|pcProx Plus PoE||PoE Manual|
|pcProx CDC, Serial, PoE & Ethernet - For Direct configuration without application||ASCII Command Protocol|
|pcProx Plus Data Sheet||English|
|Heavy Base Accessory Mounting Instructional||Heavy Base Guide|
|Surface Mount Informational Insert||Insert Guide|
|IP67 Surface Mount Installation Guide||IP67 Guide|
|OEM Technical Drawings|
|pcProx Plus OEM||Altium/Protel Footprints
Altium/Protel Schematic Symbols
OEM STEP File
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the supported card types for the pcProx Plus?
- The list of supported card types for the pcProx Plus reader can be found in the pcProx Plus Overview page and in our Learning Center, or by clicking here
- What is PoE?
- PoE or Power Over Ethernet is a standard developed by the IEEE (802.3AF) as a means to adapt low powered devices, such as VoIP phone systems, to work on standard CAT5 or higher twisted pair wiring. It uses the Telecommunications standard 48 VDC over the existing data cable to power devices under 15 Watts. Power is derived from a PoE equipped Router, Switch for multiple runs or from an in-line Power Injector for single Ethernet drops. A typical installation can use existing Ethernet cables with in-line power injectors to power the readers.